Time for another Wednesday Hodgepodge presented by Joyce From This Side of the Pond. As usual, there is a smorgasbord of questions, some simple, some not so simple. Link up your blog too, or leave some answers in the Comments section below.
1. The USA will mark Columbus Day this year on Monday, October 14. What's something you need or want to explore (literally or metaphorically speaking)?
This is a hard one! I am always, always contemplating some new topic I want to learn more about such as the role of the disciple Thomas in the Gospels. I love the fact that he didn't accept what others told him, but wanted to see for himself.
2. The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz, Ursula from The Little Mermaid, or Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty...who do you most love to hate?
The Wicked Witch of the West still creeps me out.
3. Is open-mindedness a virtue?
I think open-mindedness is a virtue as long as it is accompanied by discernment.
4. How often do you weigh yourself?
I never weigh myself because we don't have a scale, but I always know when I'm gaining weight because everything is feeling tight - like right now.
5. This question comes to you courtesy of Rebecca over at Making Memories, so thanks Rebecca!
Costa Rica was recently named the happiest country in the world on the Happy Planet Index. What's the happiest country in the world to you, and what makes it so?
I've only ever been to the U.S. and Canada so I don't have much to go on. I have heard great things about Costa Rica, but I suppose how one defines the happiest country in the world can vary depending upon which items or conditions one chooses to quantify.
6. Besides The Bible, what is one book you think should be mandatory reading for high school students? Why?
I think To Kill a Mockingbird is a good choice. It deals with profound and challenging issues vital for teens to consider and discuss such as justice, honor, and racism.
7. I went shopping at some nearby outlets last week, and while I was there, I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts. How about you? Have you started your holiday shopping yet?
While I haven't begun shopping, I have begun thinking about what I will purchase. It's probably a good idea to start shopping now. I hate shopping when stores are crazy crowded.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am ahead of the game this week. Since it was my day off, I cooked enough food for four days worth of dinner and some lunches too. Hooray for me!
Image: Vichaya Kiatying-Angsulee/freedigitalphotos.net