4/23/2013

Travel Truth

A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes.
Mark Twain

I couldn't decide what to write about for my T post today. I thought about Travel and I thought about Truth, then I came upon the quote by Twain and was amused to find he combined the two into one pithy comment.

So, a few quick words about each.


TRAVEL: I would love to travel, but have never had much opportunity, which is why I was stumped when trying to devise a travel post. My wish list for travel destinations is the U.K., Italy, Australia, and Japan. It seems travel will definitely be in my future though, as my daughter and son-in-law will be moving to Peru this summer. South America was not on my destination list but, "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" (Proverbs 19:21).

TRUTH: In my H post for the Blogging A-Z Challenge, I related a story about honesty. I find honesty and truth to be tightly twined concepts. Telling the truth involves being honest, and being honest requires one to be truthful. My husband and I recently felt compelled to tell the truth to someone about one of those "elephant in room" situations. We paid a price for telling the truth and hurt was part of the fallout. He and I have no regrets about telling the truth, and despite the hurt, peace and relief also resulted. Moral of the story? Let truth prevail.

T is done, now it is time to move onto the letter U.

Image: photostock/freedigitalphotos.net

4 comments:

  1. Peru, wow! You have to visit the Machu Picchu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll make it there on one of the visits of the several I am sure I'll take.

      Delete
  2. That's a great Mark Twain quotation, and scarily true, too! Travel to Peru sounds lovely. I lived in Venezuela many, many years ago, and I still dream about it from time to time.

    As for truth, Martin Luther King knew what he was talking about when he said "The Truth Will Set You Free." Such a difficult lesson to learn, though, and it takes courage. Good for you and your husband for finding that courage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so much for your encouragement. It wasn't easy.

      Delete