Do you blog? Do you like to answer random questions? Do you not blog? Do you like to read other's responses to random questions? If you answered Yes to any of the questions, click on over to From this Side of the Pond to join in and enjoy more randomness. And about the blog post title, well the picture is a little hint.
1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
I last sang Happy Birthday to my husband in July. I was last sung to on my birthday in March. I like being the center of attention a little bit. And, by the way, a great big Happy Birthday to our hostess Joyce at From this Side of the Pond.
2. Name a famous or 'infamous' person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you'd like to meet in person if it were possible?
I had to visit historyorb.com to find an answer to this question. I was apparently born on a day when a lot of not very famous famous people were born. The guy who invented Ohm's law is rather noteworthy. As is trapper and fur trader Jim Bridger, and Kincsem the horse who never lost a race. Strangely enough a lot of not so famous famous Dutch and Russian people share my birth date. I did eventually discover that Nat King Cole, Rudolf Nureyev and actor Gary Sinese share the date with me, but I'm not greatly impressed by celebrity so it wouldn't matter to me if I didn't meet any of these fine people (or horses).
3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow...what are you hoping to find inside?
I Don't Care. I Love Presents.
4. What can you guarantee about yourself?
I can guarantee I will feel very excited if I am given a present.
5. Talking art and beautiful cities here...'The Last Supper' in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or'The Mona Lisa' in The Louvre, Paris...which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
I already had the good fortune to see one of da Vinci's portrait masterpieces, Ginevra de Benci, at the National Gallery of Art (it was so small!), so I think I would choose to see The Last Supper instead. And I'd rather visit Italy than France, although I'm sure France is wonderful too.
6. Your favorite dessert?
Impossible to name one, so here are a few: tiramisu, cheesecake, ice cream, excellent cake, chocolate cream pie, etc.
7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)...what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you're looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
I bring my cold-weather clothes out of hiding and put out a few autumnal decorations to get ready for fall. What am I looking forward too? No contest - Thanksgiving. My daughter and her husband will be home for several weeks from Peru, my sons will be home from college and one son's lovely girlfriend will spend the week with us. Who could ask for anything more?
However, I prefer spring to fall.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Now about that blog title. Tomorrow, September 19, is Talk Like a Pirate Day. I love it! Who the heck doesn't have fun trying to talk like a pirate, matey? So go swab your decks today (I did) so you can enjoy some grog and sea shanties tomorrow. (I wonder if I can get away with wearing an eye patch and fake parrot to work?) On Saturday, we might be joining a group of would-be pirates trying to establish the record for the most pirates in one place. If we go, I'll be sure to take some pics to share.