1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
That's easy, toss out most of my clothes and then move into a tent. Seriously, I continually re-examine my life and surroundings in the desire to declutter and simplify my life. I am always thrilled to add one more item to my ever-present bag of donations.
2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini? What's your peach pleasure?
My peach pleasure is fresh and juicy right off the tree.
3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain.
I think this is a great piece of advice. Overcoming fears and challenging ourselves to try something new are great ways to grow.
4. What's your favorite household chore? Yes-you have to name one.
5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:
Butterfly Beach in Santa Barbara, CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.
Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots? If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose? Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?
Unfortunately, I've never seen the sunset at any of these places - although we used to live fairly near Butterfly Beach. I would choose to see the sunset there because I love Santa Barbara, CA. I don't remember the prettiest sunset I've ever seen, but saw many incredible sunsets at the beach when we lived in Ventura, CA.
6. What's your favorite or most used app? If you don't use apps how about your favorite or most visited website?
Call me a weather geek if you must, but my favorite is the Accuweather app.
7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
2013, an ongoing whirlwind roller coaster ride.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My 19 year old son went in for allergy testing yesterday and is apparently allergic to everything. I think I am going to get the Worst Mother of the Decade Award for not taking him to an allergist sooner.