1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
I don't actually remember the last time I sent a postcard. We received one my daughter and her husband sent to us on their honeymoon; it arrived a month after they returned. I save most postcards I receive and sometimes buy them when I travel.
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
If we're thinking about food treats, I would say fresh seafood. Otherwise, a treat I like to indulge in while vacationing is extra sleep.
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
I think I am good at hiding my feelings, but maybe not. This would probably be a good question for me to ask of people who know me.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
We now received quite slimmed-down versions of the phone book. I still use it, but less often because there are fewer listings included.
5. Would you rather be first or last?
Really depends on the situation. First in the dessert line, last in the immunization line.
I love parks, but haven't been to any this year. The last time was last autumn. We went to the Yorktown Battlefield and Historic Jamestowne, both in Virginia. We toured them. I hope to go kayaking at least a couple of times this summer at a lake or river in a local park. It is a favorite hobby I don't enjoy often enough.
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
You mean I have to choose just one? How about moving away from California? My husband has to take half the blame for that one.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My daughter and her husband will arrive in Peru this evening to begin their new life venture. We already miss them.