1. Summertime is a season of reunions, weddings, and other family celebrations and gatherings...are any of the above on your calendar in the next two months?
We have two birthdays and look forward to seeing friends visiting from out of state.
2. June is National Iced Tea Month...are you an iced tea drinker? If so, how do you like yours (sweet, flavored, etc)?
I enjoy iced tea in the summer, but not too sweet.
3. When were you last nervous? Looking back, was the 'event' actually nerve-worthy?
I feel nervous whenever I ride in the car with my husband and he drives (sorry, Honey). And, yes, it is sometimes nerve-worthy.
4. The bristle toothbrush was invented in China on June 26, 1498...not sure how that date was pinned down so precisely but, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being sick to your stomach and 1 being not at all, how nervous do you feel when you're headed to the dentist? Do you see your dentist twice a year?
I feel a 2 on the dental nervousness scale. I have not been good about seeing the dentist twice a year the last few years.
5. What's making news in your town this week?
Hmmm, I live in the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area so there's always something crazy going on.
6. Curtains, drapes, blinds...your window treatment of choice? Are there any bare windows in your house? Is that by choice or because you haven't gotten around to covering them?
I have different window treatments for different windows of my home. The bedrooms have blinds (my son's rooms used to have valances too, but they didn't like them so they came down). The living room has sheer curtains and thermal-lined drapes over them to keep the hot sun out in the summer and cut down on cold drafts in the winter. The dining room French doors have lace valances as does the kitchen. The family room has curtains that we close in the evening for privacy. My bedroom windows are bare. Not that we're trying to give our neighbors a free show, but we are painting the room at the moment. I plan to replace the blinds that were up with shades and lace panels. (What can I say? I love lace.)
7. Summertime is officially here (in the Northern hemisphere anyway)...whatone song is a must-have on your summer playlist?
Jessica by the Allman Brothers Band.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Can I confess that I really dislike painting? It seems to take forever to get the job done :(