6/12/2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge #2

Linking up today with Joyce From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge.  


1. What do you think makes a good dad?

I think a good dad is one who is physically, mentally, and emotionally available to his children.

2.  What's something you learned from your own father?

I learned how enjoyable it is to be held on your parent's lap and cuddled often. A gift I gave my children too.

3. It's your birthday-what kind of cake will we be having?

We will be having chocolate pie.

4. When you're faced with a big decision are you more of a go with your gut type of person, or are you someone who reasons it all out, weighing the pros and cons? 

I weigh the pros and cons, then go with my gut.


5. June is National Dairy Month. What's your favorite dairy item? Most often purchased dairy item? 

My favorite dairy item is ice cream. My most purchased would be milk and yogurt.


6. Explorer Jacques Cousteau was born on June 11, 1910....what's something you've recently discovered or something you'd like to explore?

The biblical idea of truth has been on my mind so much lately. I would like to explore everything the Bible has to say about truth.


7. Are you typical of your generation?

I don't think I'm typical of my generation, but perhaps everyone else feels the same way.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.


It is startling to realize so much of the world is in turmoil - wars, protests,  government oppression, bombings - but we hear so little about it in the U.S.

6 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from the Hodgepodge. You learned a great lesson from your dad, so glad you passed it on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your answer to #2! My kids are a little big for cuddling and holding now (they're all taller than I am), but now I'm cuddling and holding my granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your father sounds like a special person Elizabeth, you were truly blessed. What a beautiful lesson of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We lived overseas for six years and definitely noticed a big difference in what's covered in the news. I think a lot is due to so much of the world being geographically connected-what happens in one country often touches and impacts another. Americans don't always relate to what they think doesn't concern them, but of course in 2013 everything has the potential to affect us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark wants chocolate pie for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete