5/30/2013

Modern Fit

Image
I recently bought two new pairs of pants to replace some wide legged, front pleated (and yes, I'll confess - too tight) Mom pants. The attached tags read, "Modern Fit." They are narrow legged, flat front and quite stylish looking. I feel very Modern when I wear them.

The older I get the harder it is to discover what Modern is. How do younger people know what's trending? For that matter how did I know when I was in my teens and 20s? There wasn't social media to tell me what was what.

My next question is, why should it even matter? It does, though, to me at least. I like to look good. I style my hair and wear makeup and earrings everyday even if I don't plan to leave the house.

Image
Shortly after my second child was born and I became a SAHM, I promised myself I wouldn't turn into a drudge. No elastic waist sweat pants. No old, ratty tee shirts. Makeup. Nice hair. There are many women in the workforce looking for a nice man like my husband for their very own. I wanted to make sure he had something good to come home to.
Image

More than two decades have passed and I kept my promise to myself. I do my
best to keep myself looking good (well, except those stubborn 15 pounds). Not only because of my husband, but for me. If I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and I look nice, it makes me happy.

For that reason alone, it's worth the effort.


2 comments:

  1. When you get to my age you give up but don't let that put you off, all women should look beautiful if not for others, themselvs.

    ReplyDelete