5/11/2012

Who Are You?

Welcome to 5 Minute Friday hosted by The Gypsy Mama.  Today's word is Identity.

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old is gone, the new has come."  My identity changed when I became a believer at 24.  I was a new woman, a different kind of woman.  It just took a while.

Image source
In Christ,
I am chosen
beloved
part of a large, diverse family
a daughter
a new creation.

I'm not a prisoner to sin anymore.
I am forgiven.
I am renewed.
I am washed clean.

I am not perfect.  I am not sinless.  I am forgiven.

I am a new person every day.  I am given a fresh start with every sunrise.  I don't have to live in or wallow in the mistakes and heartaches of the past
.
Because God says His mercies are new every morning, I am renewed every morning, me, this woman who was given a new identity.





1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.


3 comments:

  1. Amen! I am so thankful to be who I am in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this... i needed it today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not perfect. I am not sinless. I am forgiven.

    That is a perfect prayer for meditation.

    ReplyDelete