4/19/2012

That's Quite Enough

It was Q-day, and as I quietly questioned myself about the subject of my post, I was overrun by a quantity of queer and quarrelsome Q-words.

"Quit, it," I said, "None of your quackery.  I have a quality piece to compose."

They were quite adamant and would not be quitted.  I could not quarantine my brain long enough to cogitate on more serious Q-subjects.  I could not quash the inundation of obscure Q-words that were quibbling in my mind for preeminence.  I was quite overcome.

"I am on a quest for excellence," I complained, "I will not get caught up in a quagmire of queer quips and crazed queries from you.  Begone."


What can a writer do when the words run out of control, but quiver?  You cannot quell them, they become the master, you the slave to their quirky and quixotic ways.



I tried, oh I tried to quench the flow of Q-words, but they would not be quenched.  They became more querulous and quarrelsome as they queued up to escape my brain.

It was like a quartet of quarreling quidnuncs on a quest to quite overrun the page and take control of my writing.  I felt queasy.  All I had wanted was to quickly compose a quality Q-post.  My quadriceps were aching from my gym workout and I longed to quaff my quart of tea and cogitate.

I felt queasy with concern over the situation.  Were my qualifications as a blogger good enough to pacify my readers?  Would they acquiesce and accept the takeover by a quintillion Q-words?  I had my qualms.

"Cease this quackery," I bellowed.  "Your behavior has put me in a quandary.  I know nothing of quants, quaggas, quarks or quantum physics, so I cannot compose a cogent post on those learned subjects but I desire to create the quintessential blog post on the letter Q.  I cannot do this if you continue to cast up this crazy quilt of Q-ness in my face."

I was caught in a quagmire of Qs and there was no escape.  I was quaking with anger, but knew the battle was lost.  The quaint Q-words had won the day.  My quest for quality was all for nought.   I felt like a quack, but pressed "Publish".



Blogging A to Z Challenge.  Today's letter is Q




    
Image source

 




18 comments:

  1. Quite quintessentially qlever!! Bravo!! ;-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all of your Q suggestions. You and M. suggested so many great Q-words, I had to use them all.

      Delete
  2. I love it! Not enough... keep it coming! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet entries are an myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love words (even when they battle in my brain), what more can I say?

      Delete
  3. Good for you - get it alllllll out.

    Quality quippage, Queeny!

    Have a Queen's weather day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I do not know what a quidnunc is. Perhaps I should look it up! I like the quart of tea best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get out that dictionary, sister! Quidnunc is a word worth knowing.

      Delete
  5. Excellent posts! I loved it. There are a few words I have to pull out Webster for. :)

    Great job!
    Michelle :)
    www.michelle-pickett.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Q-post! Very entertaining to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha!! Laughed out loud!! :)
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth. Pleased to meet you! I'm so glad you posted this. I never got to meet you during the challenge, but now I have and will follow you too! Now I hadn't heard of quidnuncs before. You are very clever!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Qudos to you! This was terrific! Sorry I missed it the first time round, but I'm so glad you reposted here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a lot of mileage out of quirky Q.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, did I ever need this today. Thanks for the entertainment :)

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Elizabeth,
    You did a great job with the "Q" word. Give yourself some credit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This took forever to write, but was an incredible amount of fun. Thanks for reading.

      Delete