1. My daughter earned her Master's Degree this past weekend...what's something you've 'mastered' in recent weeks or months?
Procrastination. Oh, no, actually I mastered that years ago.
I can't think of anything I've mastered recently. That means I'd better get busy because I hate to look back at the end of a year and realize I haven't learned how to do something new.
2. What song most reminds you of your childhood?
My Baby Does the Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells. I remember dancing around the kitchen as a little girl waving around one of my fancy, little handerchiefs (my relatives always used to give them to me for gifts. Who knows why?) and dancing. I was quite the little showoff who obviously didn't know what hanky panky was all about.
3. What do you think about single gender groups and/or events? Should everygroup/event be open to both genders? If not, what sort of exceptions do you think are appropriate?
Nothing wrong with single gender gatherings in my book. It would be awkward attending a bridal lingerie shower with a man in the room, ya know?
4. What's your favorite spice? Your favorite dish containing your favorite spice?
Cilantro! It tastes and smells so fresh. I like it in almost any Mexican food dish, especially recipes that contain black beans.
5. I saw this question on Marla's facebook page and asked if I could
Chevron patterns are everywhere! Do you like it or think its just a little too much? Do you own anything 'chevron'?
I don't own anything with a chevron pattern and feel quite neutral about it.
6. What's something you disliked as a child, but can fully appreciate now?
I despised squash to the point where I gagged when I ate it; however, I absolutely love it now.
7. What can irritate you very quickly?
Little repetitious noises, like someone drumming their fingers, drive me up the wall.
8. Insert your own random thought here
I broke our air conditioning system by fiddling with the temp too much (what can I say, I was vacuuming and got really hot). We have been without since Friday. Fortunately, the repairman is scheduled to come today. We are blessed because although it has been hot and humid, it hasn't been miserably hot and horribly humid.