Wednesday Hodgepodge #5
Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce From This Side of the Pond where summer fun prevails.
1. What's something people might ask you for help with?
Kind of depends on who is asking, but I am sometimes asked to help edit resumes or generally help edit other types of writing or help with ironing (my family).
2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with?
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
My parent didn't take us on vacations when we were children. With our kids, we camped a little, visited my husband's family, or traveled to the beach.
4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
I'll take any water I can find - including a squirt gun.
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
I don't think I've ever used the expression.
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list?
I don't hate any on the list, although I don't love several of them. The only food I really hate is brie.
7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
I can only think of Persuasion by Jane Austen.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm glad I'm not in my 20s anymore. I see my kids in the midst of all sorts of dilemmas, changes, and decisions and remember how difficult (but often exciting) that decade can be.