Enjoying a cool breeze (YAY!) while I contemplate Joyce's questions for this week's Royal Wednesday Hodgepodge . . .
1. July 24th is Amelia Earhart Day. Earhart was the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. What's something you've recently accomplished solo?
Yesterday's laundry? Cleaning the bathrooms? My life is full of small, heroic, solo ventures :)
2. What's one product you use that never ever fails?
Oxy Clean. It gets out just about every carpet stain imaginable (almost).
3. Have you found your place in the world? Where is it?
I have been content with my role as wife and mother for over two decades, but with my children grown up, I'm not sure. I am still a happy, content wife, but not sure if perhaps there isn't a new role for me out there in the big, wide world.
4. Worst movie you ever saw?
2001 A Space Odyssey (quite weird) is tied with Any Which Way But Loose (fell asleep when I saw this in the theater).
5. What's the last fun thing you did?
We went to a friend's lake house last weekend and enjoyed bar-b-q and swimming while celebrating our daughter and son-in-law's move to Peru. Actually, many days have little fun spots in them. I think it all depends on one's definition of fun.
6. The month of July is named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar...ever been to Rome? What's your favorite Italian dish?
I have never been to Rome, but it is on my wish list. Favorite Italian dish? Lot's of choices, but Tiramisu receives my vote.
7. What is one piece of advice you'd offer new mom Kate Middleton?
I would counsel her to enjoy each and every stage of her child's life. As we know, it all goes so fast.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Okay, I know Kate and her husband had a baby boy, but what did they name him?
Thanks for joining me for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Click on the link and join in too.