12/19/2012

I Believe I'll Still be Here

It is 12/19/12 and according to the Mayan calendar - which we all refer to daily, right? - this is it, the end is in sight, because the Mayan calendar ends Friday, 12/21/12 and a great cataclysm and the end of the world is predicted.

.
I've been amused to hear some of the discussion about the Mayan calendar the last couple of months. Are we Mayan? Have we ever let any other aspects of Mayan history or culture influenced us? So why are some people so concerned that the world will end Friday?

If you believe the life we live on earth is all there is and that our existence ends at our death, the possibility of the world ending is frightening. But if you believe in God and accept His free gift of salvation, there is something wonderful in store for you.

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
    nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
You make known to me the path of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 16:9-11
See you Friday.


2 comments:

  1. I believe we will be here too - I don't think God is going to give us the date of his coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite take on this theme? A photo of the Mayan circular calendar next to an Oreo cookie, the designs similar enough.
    As you said, See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete