6/01/2012

Taste and See?

What is Five Minute Friday?  Here's what The Gypsy Mama says, "So, here’s the skinny: I’ve been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And I figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing."

This week's word prompt is See.  Let's see what will come from my keyboard:
Image source


All I kept thinking about after seeing the word "see" is, "Taste and see that the Lord is good." Well that's an odd piece of scripture.  How can we taste and see that the Lord is, indeed, good?  After considering it for about five seconds, because I only have five minutes to write after all, I couldn't come to any conclusion.


I know the Lord is good and I absolutely believe the Lord is good.  I have seen His goodness countless times in my life and in my family's lives.  I See His goodness, but taste?  I'm not sure how I can taste His goodness other than the obvious food connection. He provides good food for us to eat and I'm appreciative, but I'm sure this means more than food tasting good.  


Can't finish my five minutes, suddenly got the news that there may be a tornado headed this way.


Afterword:  The more serious weather heading north.  The Lord is good whether I can see it or taste it or not.



1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community...



2 comments:

  1. It is hard to know about "tasting goodness" other than with food...an interesting thought....maybe think about the "taste of the living water"..."drinking from the well that never runs dry"...In my mind it is imagery of drinking from His word and His spirit....it is quenching what my soul hungers for, fills the void left by worldly things. Good post. Glad the tornado didn't get you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "taste" the Lord's goodness entirely too much! Food is a joy for me, and I'm overweight because of that! Balance, balance....

    ReplyDelete