12/23/2011

Christmas Countdown Update

 Here's where we stand as of 11:36 p.m., December 23:
I finally arm-wrestled my sons into putting up the tree. No ornaments yet.  
A few more items for the stockings still need to be purchased.
No cookies baked.
No cards written out, addressed or mailed (but I did buy them).
Nothing wrapped.
House status: not clean.
Still need to buy some food items for the Christmas buffet.
Two knitted gifts still in process (not looking good for Christmas completion).



Amended List
  • Forget about those blasted cards,.  I'm now considering them to be New Years cards so they can go out next week.
  • Some things are wrapped.
  • House status:  tomorrow is cleaning day.
  • One knitted gift may, just may, be finished tomorrow.  The other?  I'm now considering it to be a New Years gift.

And then, we will look like this for Christmas:

Well maybe not,  but we're hoping to have a lovely day anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I think cards are going by the wayside at my house this year. I haven't been able to make it happen for the past few years. I'm not sure how to complete finals week, go on a trip to Maine, shop and wrap gifts, and cook all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete